Monday, April 7, 2008

NUMBER 2

The 48 2008

After reading a really excellent post on project management, I’ve gone and made a booklet to keep track of my 48 Hour project out of scrap 11 x 17 paper and staples. Why not just go buy a fancy Moleskin (claimed to have been used by Hemingway) or a slick, creamy-papered sketchbook? I find that getting something new for the explicit purpose of recording or creating one project or purpose sets up too many preconceived notions for me to concentrate- I get too worried about the historical perspective, what’s being recorded, who would look at it in the future, and what they might see.

Therefore, the cheap and recycled route just feels better! I don’t have that performance pressure associated with a $20 diary or that gorgeous $100 fountain pen that I just had to have… Instead, this can look like a child’s scratchings, and the worst thing that I could do would be to just toss it when it’s all over. Certainly, it’s my own problem, but anything that is conducive to easy working helps.

Meetings

Tomorrow I’ve got the team meeting up at a local bar, Bukowski’s in Iman Square, Cambridge. We’ve got the three of us from the Creative Team (only two can attend, Ben is in Maine and can’t get clearance from his wife), around nine or ten of our Talent, and an additional three or four random Crew. The intent for this meeting is just a meet-and-greet for those we don’t know that well, plus an opportunity for everyone to see their roles (Crew) and to sign releases- better now than the day-of.

No comments:

Post a Comment